If you are considering a smoothies detox diet, then you should know the 6 primary advantages that undertaking one has. Keep reading to learn what they are, and you’re sure to give it a go 🙂
1) The money you save: When smoothies are a regular part of any diet, you’re likely using raw ingredients in bulk. This does mean the hassle of deliberate grocery shopping, which most people hate or avoid. However, it does mean that you’re spending less per pound of food than if you were eating out or getting processed and packaged meals and foodstuffs. This is especially true if you’re using a lot of fruits and veggies; even organic options used in smoothies can prove cheaper in the big picture than a stack of microwave dinners.
2) The energy you’ll have: Smoothies used on a regular basis are going to detoxify your body while also helping you drop calories and thus pounds. The combination of a smoother running engine within your body along with the lighter load is going to do wonders for your overall metabolism and energy levels. This possibly leads to a sudden desire for some regular cardio, where the exercise and sweat take the weight loss and detoxification to yet another level of health and happiness.
3) You’ll glow: The more you use all natural ingredients in your smoothies, the more your body composition will change in general. Your skin will come alive, as will your hair. Your face will clear up, and anyone who doesn’t see you for a week might remark on your new body’s new spark. If you have an event coming up where you want to lose a little weight and look your best, starting detox smoothies about ten to fifteen days in advance is a great thing to try to be ready for your big day or memorable moment.
4) The attention you’ll pay to nutrition: When you start a smoothies detox diet and stick with it for a few days, you’ll love the results, which means you’ll want to do detox smoothies more often. However, you’ll need to make sure that you’re not depriving your body of good things while flushing out the bad. A multivitamin is a good hedge bet, here, but the best thing to do is to know what your current protein intake requirements are and make sure they are met through the smoothies. A good smoothie can make a protein powder a lot more palatable taste-wise, and in some cases, improves the effectiveness of protein digestion and bio-availability.
5) You’ll smell better: When your body gets help with detoxification, you won’t be as reliant on sweat as a means of purging excess waste and toxins. The human body of course does most of its waste elimination through urine and solid excretion, but sweat does carry dirty things out of through the skin. When there’s less of this waste in the first place, your sweat will be more towards pure water, which means your skin will feel cleaner, and your body odor will be far more pleasant.
6) You’ll find new places to eat and drink: As much as you might feel powered up on day one of your detox about making your own smoothies all of the time, life will get in the way. If you want to keep up your smoothie commitment, you’ll have to find places that can make and sell them to you for you to enjoy while running errands, traveling or at work. Depending on where you live, you might just be shocked to discover how many kiosks, stores and restaurants offer smoothies on their menus. Find as many as you can, and then figure out the ones that are convenient to your routes but also make smoothies that fit your budget, diet and taste buds. You might even get introduced to other health food options you never knew existed.
Going on a smoothies detox diet is a great way to clean up your body, your budget and your life. Keep these six advantages in mind to find the motivation to try such a diet or get back on the wagon of one you drifted away from…