There are many skinny guys out there that want to gain muscle. Building muscle can be difficult for skinny guys, and this is why you should take your time to read this article. It will give you some tips to help you gain some muscle mass. With that said, here are some muscle building tips for skinny guys.
1. Lift Heavy Weight And Do Low Reps – One of the best ways for skinny guys to gain muscle is by lifting heavy weight. When you lift heavy weight, you become stronger, which leads to muscle growth. However, make sure you don’t overdo it, and don’t sacrifice form. This means you should lift heavy, but make sure that you are doing the exercises with proper form.
When you lift heavy, do low reps. This means you should do between 4-8 reps per set that you do. This is the ideal rep range when training with heavy weights.
2. Train With Moderate Weight – Asides from training with heavy weigh, it is a good idea to train with moderate weight too. When you use moderate weight, then you should be aiming to do 10-12 reps per set that you do. Just as the case is when you train with heavy weight, you will want to make sure you use proper form when you train with moderate weight, because if you cannot maintain proper form during an exercise, then you are lifting too heavy.
3. Routine Should Consist Of Heavy And Moderate Weight – As mentioned above, training with heavy weight is a good way to build muscle and so is moderate weight, but your routine should consist of training with both. You can use strictly heavy weight for four weeks in a row, and then for the next four weeks you can use moderate weight. Another way you can go about it is by doing heavy weight during the first half of your workout and then use moderate weight for the next half, so you will be doing both in each workout you do. When you train with moderate and heavy weight, then you should be able to build some muscle.
4. Eat Like You’re Big – If skinny guys want to build muscle, then they need to eat like they have a lot of muscle mass. However, this doesn’t mean that they should just eat everything and anything they can, including fast food, junk food, sugary drinks and things of that nature. Skinny guys need to eat a lot, but they need to eat a lot of healthy foods, such as egg whites, tuna, chicken, beans, turkey and whey protein and other foods that are considered healthy. When skinny guys eat plenty of healthy calories and train, then they should see results over a period of time.
5. Drink Plenty Of Water – Everybody knows that water is good for them, but many people simply don’t drink enough, when they should be drinking plenty of it. This is especially true for those who workout, and true for skinny guys who want to build muscle. If you want to build muscle, then you need to drink plenty of water. It may seem like a lot, but try to consume at least a gallon of water per day, and make sure to drink water while working out.
6. Use compound Exercises – Compound exercises are exercises that train mainly one muscle group, but also incorporates other muscles during the movement. For example, the barbell bench press works mainly the pecs, but it also incorporates your shoulders and triceps. Do your best to focus on compound exercises and you will be on your way to building muscle.
7. Get Protein Powder – Also, try to get your hands on a good protein powder. Protein powder is packed with protein and other nutrients that can help you put on some size. If you want to gain muscle and strength, then your body needs protein, so consume a protein shake on a daily basis.
The above 7 tips may seem like basic tips, but they are very useful. If you keep those tips in mind, you could end up gaining muscle. With that said, start implementing those tips today and get one step closer to getting into the kind of shape you want to be in…
For few more useful muscle building tips for skinny guys you can check this video as well… All the best!